Fri Nov, 2012 by Erin K. O'Neill
These days there are many ways to put your brand out there. Many companies have adapted to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to put their brand out. But how do you keep your brand image thriving on these sites? Well, here are some tips!
- It’s not quantity, but quality that matters: More than the total number of Facebook “likes,” it matters that people are creating buzz about your brand.
- Update Cover Page: To keep your fans coming back to your page, update your cover art frequently so they have a reason to come back. It can be about anything new you are doing with your brand or even something entertaining to grasp the attention of your fans.
- Make Use of Applications & Tabs: See what will be useful to market your brand’s image with these features and make use of them.
- Relevant Application Icons: For every application you add to your site, you can add an icon for that application put images that are relevant to your brand and what the application is about.
- Update Content & Statuses: Keep your brand content current. Plan out status updates and what you say because that could hurt or help the brand image.
- Respond Quickly: Make sure you check your email for Facebook updates frequently, most fans that put something on your page want an answer fast, so make sure to do just that.
- Don’t just communicate via hashtags: Reach out to followers by tagging them in a tweet using @username.
- Promote exclusive content: Tweet about breaking news about your brand exclusively on Twitter.
- Update Often: Everyone loves hearing new information about your brand, so share it. And do it when it happens.
- Be Unique and You: Pin your own images that are different.
- Use Keywords: Use keywords in filenames and pin descriptions so people can find you.
- Image Size is Important: Make sure your image size fits the guidelines.
- Quality matters: Pin quality, high-resolution, images that will grasp the attention of pinners.